Knowledge base | Castle

What documents do I need to be in compliance with the City of Detroit?

If your property is not up-to-date on compliance paperwork, you'll run into some serious future issues. For instance, you may be subject to fines, and your tenant will not be authorized to transfer water bills into their name.

The City of Detroit requires the following for rental properties:

1) Certificate of Rental Registration

2) Certificate of Compliance

Although Castle can help coordinate inspections, property owners are ultimately responsible for all city paperwork. If you're unfamiliar with these documents, everything else you need to know is available on the City of Detroit website.